Sunday, March 11, 2012

creating toy storage with IKEA products | d.i.y. organization | little free radical

Since I've spent the last week posting DIY projects I did in my daughters room, today, I'm going to show you how I put all these projects together using IKEA's Expedit Bookcase for toy storage!

Originally, I had started out using itso cubes from Target (which I had already owned) for toy storage. It worked great, but as a parent in a wheelchair, I had a hard time reaching bins that low on the floor to clean up & get toys.

I tried re-stacking them differently but felt it was too risky to stack the cubes too high in case my 1 year old decided they would be great to climb. Instead, I started from scratch with toy organization.

First, I went through all the toys & resold the ones my daughter had 'outgrown' or had no interest in. Then I had some $$$ to work with to buy something to organize with, and I could see what I had left for toys to work with!

CLICK HERE to read more

8 comments:

  1. I love those drawstring toy bags! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these ideas!
    Commenting and sending some love via TAG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how fun this is!!! I love it!!! So organized!!! Visiting from TAG!
    xo Tara
    http://taradaramadeit.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So in love with your blog I want everything!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - these are so great - love them.
    Nice blog...
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute and fun room! Great "out of the box" thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. u have some cute stuff!
    like those toy bags...hmm!
    hi from TAG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy to have found this post! I need some toy storage and I love Ikea! <3 from TAG!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...